The company you’ll join
Evercast is the first real-time collaboration platform built for creatives by creatives. It combines video conferencing, HD live-streaming, and full-spectrum audio in a single web-based platform. No matter where in the world they're located, users can securely stream any creative workflow with ultra low latency and uncompromising quality. With features made specifically to facilitate creative collaboration, Evercast offers a digital experience that mirrors the ease and productivity of a team sitting shoulder-to-shoulder.
A recipient of the 2020 Engineering Emmy award, Evercast is trusted by major Hollywood studios, including Netflix, Warner Bros, HBO, and Sony Pictures -- as well as industry-leading creative agencies such as BBDO and Hogarth International. Each and every day, thousands of creative professionals use Evercast to collaborate remotely with their teams.
About the role
This position reports to the Tech Lead for development. It is expected that this position will join an existing team of developers focused on the core functionality of the Evercast solution comprising both Front End and Back End development.
The work you’ll do
Specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Solve problems with an emphasis on producing scalable, efficient, and maintainable solutions
- Experience developing web based, desktop and mobile applications
- Develop features from initial concept to production ready results, including backend, frontend, and database design
- Experience developing backend services including java, container, serverless technologies
- Help define the processes needed to achieve organizational and operational excellence
- Learn and implement new technologies and help evolve existing ones
- Engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to come up with robust solutions
- Review code contributed by your peers and provide constructive feedback
- Development with databases, web servers, wireframe development, and UI/UX design
- Contribute to overall body of software development and architecture using web application stack
- Managing server resources and ensuring cross-platform optimization across internet browsers and operating systems
- Designing and developing application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Cooperatively develop and integrating complex software systems through the full SDLC
- Experience with Agile Scrum
- Participate in sprint planning to understand the team’s goals and priorities
- Provide accurate estimates for the completion of tasks
What we’re looking for
- A combination of education and experience will be considered for this position
- Experience with React
- Experience with Nodejs
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with GraphQL
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, HTML5, CSS, XML, and MVC
- Prefer experience with WebRTC
- AWS or other cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience in CI/CD environment (ie. Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes) and scripting languages (Python, Bash, Powershell, Perl
- Experience with Programming and Automation Testing / Testing Framework (End to End Testing) is preferred but not required
- Ability to follow established workflow and project management tools and procedures (Slack)
- Ability to work under strict deadlines with competing priorities
- Capable of balancing a project’s requirements with schedule, budget, and resource limitations
- Ability to present technical information in non-technical terms to co-workers and management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Jira)
- Experience with interactive media tools (streaming and playback)
Qualities and Attributes
This is a remote work development position and is therefore understood that you will be experienced in working as a member of a team, without physical co-location; additionally, being a self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role .
Further qualities and attributes that aid in the success of this role are:
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact and communicate ideas including responding to resistance and criticism.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Team player attitude is mandatory.
We take care of our team
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions, and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Mission driven: We are not just another startup — we’re a group of passionate individuals who truly care about creatives. We believe that creativity brings people together from around the world, and our software exists to facilitate creatives working together, no matter where they are.
- Impact: We are making a huge impact in the lives of creatives. We encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation.
- Compensation: Competitive pay based on the work you do, not your previous salary.
- Benefits + Perks: 100% remote, top-tier health insurance, unlimited paid time off, generous procurement program, and more.
We value diversity
Evercast is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.